|All workplaces must comply with the Work Health & Safety Act 2011 and ensure that all workers are aware of their obligations, are aware of the risks associated with working in a rural environment and are equipped to manage those risks. A trial of a newly developed cane rail siding audit tool has highlighted inconsistencies in the use of protective equipment and a high risk from overhead powerlines.
|Each of the three online inductions consists of approx 6-7 topics that contain relevant information and includes an assessment for each topic. These Harvest Safety Inductions are available 24/7 and can be completed at home with induction cards provided on successful completion - these inductions do not work on Smart Phones or iPads.
- Only persons 15 years of age or over can undertake the siding induction
- You must be licenced to operate a vehicle in a shared workplace (siding)
- Before accessing the online induction, payment needs to be made to CANEGROWERS Mackay by phoning 4944 2600
- When payment has been received (credit card details can be taken by phone), your log-in access and a small user guide will be emailed to you or collected
- When all assessments have been completed, an induction card/s will be posted to you or collected from CANEGROWERS Mackay Reception including your receipt if payment was made by phone.
- the seasonal Harvest Safety Inductions are valid for three (3) years
|Costs for the online inductions: CANEGROWERS Mackay Members $30.00 (inc. GST) and Non-Members $78.00 (inc. GST)
|1. Sugar Cane Siding
The siding or delivery point is considered a workplace and as such presents a number of risks and hazards which need to be managed. This online siding induction are for all siding users (Growers, including family members, employees or contractors and contractor's employees) who may be required to enter a siding during their working day.
|2. Participate in Work Health and Safety Processes
General farm safety induction of all workers.
|3. Safe Working Near Electrical Assets in the Rural Industry
If workers are operating machinery or equipment in the vicinity of overhead power lines this is the induction for them. This is a link to a very informative electrical safety video - https://youtu.be/VTy-hkst2IY
|Contact 4944 2600 to organise payment and your username and password to access the online inductions.|
|CANEGROWERS Mackay holds the intellectual property rights of these online inductions. It must not be amended or copied without prior permission.|